Experimental theology was the name of physics in Lyra's world, a branch of the natural sciences that sought to study matter and its behaviour and motion through space-time. Physics also sought to study the related entities of energy and force. Gerard Bonneville was an experimental theologian. Dust and anbaricity were part of experimental theology.
- Northern Lights
- The Subtle Knife (Mentioned only)
- His Dark Materials (TV series), Series 1
- Lyra's Oxford (Mentioned only)
- La Belle Sauvage (Mentioned only)
- La Belle Sauvage, Chapter 13