Charles was in on the plan to poison Lord Asriel's 1898 Tokay during his visit to Jordan College. Charles was not comfortable with the idea of poisoning him, but was close enough to the Master to offer his support.
It was common for Charles and the Master to share a glass of brantwijn and console each other after difficult episodes. This was the case after the wine failed to poison Asriel, so they retreated to the Master's Lodging where they conversed about the Barnard-Stokes theory, the General Oblation Board in relation to the Magisterium, and Lyra Silvertongue.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the TV series, Charles is played by Ian Gelder.
- Charles's dæmon's name and form don't appear in the books but were made up for the TV series.
- Northern Lights
- Northern Lights - The Graphic Novel
- The Golden Compass (film)
- His Dark Materials (TV series), Series 1
- The Amber Spyglass (Mentioned only)
|Locations||Chapel • Common Room • Hall • Jordan catacombs • Jordan Library • Jordan Oratory • Master's Lodging • Retiring Room • Sheldon Building • Yaxley Quadrangle|
|Staff||Bernie Johansen • Bill • Dr Carne • Charles • Father Heyst • Mr Cawson • Mrs Lonsdale • P. Trelawney • Parslow family • Roger Parslow • Sub-Rector • Shuter • Werner Hammond • Wren|
|Occupations||Butler • Master of Jordan College • Steward|