Some known ways to fill up a balloon:
- Make hydrogen by pouring sulphuric acid on to iron filings. Catch the gas it gives off and gradually fill the balloon.
- Find a ground-gas vent near a fire-mine. A good vent will fill the balloon in an hour.
- Make gas from rock-oil or from coal (not the best method)
Notable owners of balloons[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Northern Lights
- The Golden Compass (film)
- The Subtle Knife
- The Amber Spyglass
- His Dark Materials (TV series), Series 1
- Once Upon a Time in the North
References[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.